Ever felt that jolt while touching the metal handle to open the door, while opening car-door..?? Ever wondered why it is happening? It is due to Static Electricity in your body and it gets released when your body comes into metal contact. Avoid wearing nylon or polycester clothing especially, and other synthetics or so called man-made fibres and mix of those, as rubbing them to each other produces static electricity. Also, think of fibres on carpet, that can be the cause, stop rubbing your shoes on it. Avoid wearing shoes with rubber soles.
Never touch any computer part without wearing earth strap, you’ll fry the micro-chips inside, and the voltage could be too high.